We recently analyzed millions of job postings to update Indeed’s Top Job Trends – a list of the fastest growing keywords found in job postings.
Indeed’s Top Job Trends of 2010 provided a clear picture of fast growing employer demand for expertise in mobile operating systems, social media, and a variety of areas in information technology. The updated list shows that demand is continuing to increase.
Top Job Trends
The exponential growth of HTML5 job postings kept it at the top spot on the list. HTML5 is the fifth major revision of HTML.
The four keywords below also maintained a spot on the updated Top Job Trends. The most common job title for each trend is listed next to it.
- Android (mobile operating system): android developer
- Mobile app (application software for handheld devices): mobile developer
- jQuery (web application framework): web developer
- Social Media: marketing manager
Additions to the Top Job Trends include:
- MongoDB (open source, document-oriented database): software engineer
- iOS (mobile operating system): iOS developer
- Puppet (IT infrastructure management): systems administrator
- Hadoop (distributed computing platform): software engineer
- PaaS (platform as a service): programmer analyst
Enter any keyword into Indeed’s Job Trends search box to see its trend; click Find Jobs to view current postings.
To view job posting trends by industry, be sure to check Indeed’s monthly Industry Employment Trends report.